Do you frequently hike, camp or trek? Do you find drinking water from your water bottle an interrupting process? If yes, then we have the perfect solution for you - hydration packs! Hydration packs, also known as the hands-free revolution are the best way to have an uninterrupted liquid intake while outdoors.
However, they need to be properly cared for in order to increase their life and make them last for many trouble free years. We, at TheLuggageProfessionals.com understand how important it is for you to keep the reservoirs or bladders of your hydration packs clean of any impurities. So here's a complete guide to fuss-free cleaning of our most important travel adventure accessory!
- Before using the hydration pack for the first time, rinse it thoroughly with a mixture of water and baking soda followed by a second rinse with an amalgamation of water and vinegar to remove unwanted smell.
- As an extra precaution and for a more rigorous disinfection, use cleaning and drying kits that include sanitizing tablets, drying rack, a bottle brush and a thin tube brush meant for cleaning the hose. Gently scrub the bladder with the bottle brush using soapy water to eliminate any trace of chemicals that might be present. Then leave the bladder upside down unsealed to allow it to air dry.
- Although there is no alternative to water when outdoors, but some like having their dose of energy boosting drinks that contain a reasonable amount of sugar. It is important to rinse the bladder of hydration packs of sugary substances as they encourage bacterial growth and also mildew formation.
- If your hydration pack is frequently used and never really gets a chance to dry out, it is recommended to treat the water with Aquamira drops for proper sanitation and also to keep unwanted creatures from growing on the inside.
- Lastly, when the vacation season ends, make sure to completely dry out the bladder before storing to avoid scum or mold formation.
Check out the amazing collection of stylish hydration packs by leading brands such as Caribee, Pacsafe and Osprey at The Luggage Professionals and choose the one that suits your adventure needs!