A lot of people seek company when they're planning a trip. For a few of us, travelling all by ourselves doesn't really click but for others traveling alone is bliss.
Obviously a leisure trip does sound boring alone and you'd like some company to keep you upbeat. But sometimes a trip, all solo is more rejuvenating. Taking time off work and people who work you up (pun intended) is like meditating, in its own way. Travelers and adventure seekers will agree how travelling alone can be so invigorating!
And of course there are things, people and places to give you company while you are out on your own. Read it on:
- A trip alone to the mountains means getting close to nature, being close to those beautiful surroundings. But when traveling alone to a not-so exotic location; you can rely on museums, galleries, movies, coffee shops, book store etc. to give you company when there's none.
- Don't compensate on luggage if the company is missing. Remember you'll have to carry it on your own to almost every location or keep it in lockers at various stations. Carry luggage you can manage and that becomes a comfortable company for you. Something like a backpack!
- Do a lot of research about the place you are traveling to. Your holiday destination gives you best company when you’re a solo traveler. There's so much to see and take back that you feel no need for a company.
- A camera makes an awesome mate while traveling. Capture everything pleasing your eyes and let that be a memory for life. Whenever there's something to appreciate, share it with your camera and take it back home for others to see.
- Book a hostel instead of a hotel if you're not too picky. Tourist hostels introduce you to a never-like-before experience and of course roommates who become your friends in an instant. Do your research on the most reputed and safe hostels in the country/city you're traveling to and have a great time with a bunch of new people.
- Go for an anti theft backpack, credit card holder, passport holder, neck pouch, waist pouch to keep your valuables safe when you’re a solo traveler.
- Lastly and strictly our opinion, meet people, interact but keep it till there while traveling alone. We don't say you always get wrong people, but when you do, you may have to face unnecessary trouble at an unknown place. When you are out alone, it's great to meet people, have conversations with them and enjoy their company. However, building relationships on travel trips might be distracting to your travel plans.
So, traveling alone is not a bad deal at all. You travel your way, visit places you like, stay there for as long as you want to, meet people, share stories, try your hand at good photography, take selfies, be more spontaneous and just enjoy traveling, because that’s how it’s supposed to be. Have an awesome solo travel experience!