Travelling is an open invitation to a lot of things, plans and situations being cancelled or turning out to be completely different from what you imagined. If to travel, better and more prepared in 2016, is one of your many resolutions then you wouldn't want to miss this post.
We bring to you a must-consult list of some of the better travel apps out there that can help you travel much more comfortably and conveniently; without worrying or relying much on the human capacity for errors and mismanagement. These travel apps are usually designed for scenarios that spell trouble or incumbency for travellers and act as great saviours of the day!
So let's get down to the list immediately:
1) Languages – A quick, easy and an extremely user-friendly app that helps you learn a new language - DuoLingo. The app is built to help users who are keen on learning a language totally or simply some stock phrases that can make travelling to foreign locations so much more fun and convenient! The app is absolutely free of cost and is available for both Android and iOS. The best part, it makes language learning even more interesting with graphics and audio clues set to make the user enjoy their classes wherever whenever! Check out this app. Comes with both a desktop and mobile interface. Another great lingo app is called Bravolol – the go-to app for knowing quick phrases in foreign languages (13 language vocabulary and phrases available). Get uber, fast and useful access to foreign languages with Bravolol.
2) Travel Journals – Journi, Tripoto and LiveTrekker (record your travel stories on gorgeous maps) are three leading apps in this category. These are apps to log, record and share all your travel experiences. You can keep these journals private or share them publicly with friends on other social networks as well. If you are a travel blogger, then you must have an account on these apps as it allows you to store and save all your regular and off-hand travel memories at one place! Plus, these apps allow you to connect with other travellers, trippers and voyagers and interact with them about the places you are planning to travel to. All these apps are of free to download and available on both iOS and Android. While both Journi and Tripoto provide an interface for an entire journal to be recorded, Live Trekker is mostly used to record and present your travel data geographically and in a cartographic interface.
3) XE Currency – Travel with a currency converter in your pocket! Yep, it's one of the most downloaded apps out there and intelligent travellers live by it! If travels to foreign destinations are common for you then this app most definitely should find itself on your smartphone. This app shows you latest exchange rates, calculated prices and costs in multiple currencies and even gives access to historical data! A highly important app for travellers, we think! Available for Android, iOS, Blackberry and Windows phones.
4) Uber – Of course! Exploring your travel destinations in public transport, on foot or a segway is all cool but what about rainy, stormy or unusually rental vehicle-less days? Call an uber! This company that has redefined taxi services is, thankfully, available almost everywhere. So when stuck in a totally new or unknown place, book an uber! The app is free, available for all leading devices and handheld.
5) Google Translate – Learning a new language may take a while. In the interim you can use the Google Translate app to translate anything from road signs to menu cards, instructions to local addresses. The translator can help with spoken, written or drawn words on your phone. Cost: Free!
There are many other apps out there cut out for serious, non-serious and accidental travellers. Doesn't matter if you are not an app-person, most of these are quite easy to use; even for the technologically challenged individuals. :)
The great part about these apps is that they are useless without your real-time travel experiences and come in handy only when you need them. So the more you stay clear of your smartphones and enjoy your travels, the more reasons you'll find to use these travel apps.
Enjoy vagabonding in 2016! Check out The Luggage Professionals for any travel gear you may need.