Nothing soothes a troubled soul better than a little vacation to get away from it all. Imagine packing your bags and heading off somewhere with those closest to you, or even alone for that matter.
There's nothing better than an adventure trip to sooth that turmoil within and let your soul breathe free. Because when you're scuba diving in the ocean or para-gliding in the sky, the adrenaline rush that you get cannot be compared to any feeling in the world.
So in this edition of Wanderlust Wednesdays, we give you destinations in Australia where you can get your adventure on.
Australia offers tons of options for Adventure Junkies, you only need to choose yours! We have compiled a list of some of the most popular adventure destinations for you to choose from.
- First up is one of the most popular destinations in Australia - the Great Barrier Reef. Stretching over an area of over 2,300 kilometers, the Great Barrier Reef is also considered to be one of the seven wonders of the world and offers a lot to see. You can go snorkelling on the outer reef and take a close look at the beauty the reef has to offer. You could even go scuba diving, just enlist yourself with a professional tour group that will guide you through the entire process. If you want some light entertainment, then take a trip to the Green Island, a coral cay about 45 minutes from the Cairns Coast, which is home to more than 120 plant species. You could go snorkelling here or take a glass bottom boat tour to marvel at the reef's beauty.
- Nothing like jumping off an airplane into the clear blue sky to invigorate the senses. Take a free fall from up high in the sky where you can feel as free as a bird and enjoy a bird's eye view (pun intended). It is a different kind of exhilaration that one feels and which is exclusive to skydiving .You can book your skydive at places such as these. Remember to read through the safety guidelines and follow them seriously. Researching about whom you book your skydive with is also recommended.
- If sky diving sounds a bit too risque to you then we have another amazing option for you. Hang gliding over Byron Bay in New South Wales. A safer yet equally exhilarating option, hang gliding over Cape Byron is a must do if you visit there and one must book in advance. You can try this place for getting your hang gliding tour booked.
- For water babies, Australia has more than enough options to get your heart racing. One such awesome option is White Water Rafting in Tasmania. Usually done on the breathtaking Franklin River, which weaves its way though Tasmania's beautiful scenery and the world heritage area. There are various companies that organize rafting tours in Tasmania, such as this one. You can search online and find one that best suits your requirements.
- Australian adventure and surfing goes hand in hand and what better way to taste Australian adventure than to go surfing on the famed Bondi Beach, one of the most popular surfing destinations in Australia. Don't fret if you're new to surfing, just head over to Bondi Beach and you will find many surfing schools there that will guide you to an amazing experience!
Well, that is about it for now! It would take more than one teeny blog to cover all of Australia's amazing adventure destinations. Stay tuned to this space for more of Australia's favorite adventure destinations!
Where do you go to get your Adventure on? Share your favorite destinations with us in the comments below :)
Note: All Images sourced from the Internet. No Copyright Infringement Intended