Welcome back to The Luggage Professionals' Wanderlust Wednesdays, where we take you on picturesque locations all over Australia! In this edition, we continue from where we left off last time and take you to all those places in Australia where you can get your adventure on!
Without further ado, here's what you can do to get your adrenaline fix:
- Kayak on the Currumbin Creek, starting from Palm beach and soft ocean waters to the jungles of Mount Cougal. You can hire a kayak, paddleboard or even a small motorized flatbed boat, depending upon how many people you are and what you're comfortable with.
- Walking and Hiking in the Northern Territory Wetlands is one of the best ways to see all the beauty that the area has to offer at leisure. There are various walking and hiking trails in the Kakadu National Park, some of which take you right through the Wetlands, where you can see the brilliant flora and fauna come alive! If you end up in Kakadu National Park, there are tons of activities to do there, from cruising down the East Alligator river to camping in the beautiful park.
- Speaking of walking, how would you like to take a walk described as the 'journey to the center of the earth'. The Hancock Gorge is a masterpiece of nature and offers a simple yet astonishing walk that will make you feel one on one with nature! The Gorge is located in Karijini national park which is also quite an amazing destination, with the landscape offering a wide variety of canyons through which you can walk.
- What better way to reconcile with nature than to camp in the wilderness and beauty of the Snowy Mountains. Head to Kosciuszko National Park where you can pick from dozens of camping areas and have the experience of a lifetime. If you go there during warmer months, you can even climb Mount Kosciuszko, Australia’s highest mainland mountain. To park your vehicle in the park, you will be charged a minimal fee. Other than that, visit this website for more information.
- Cape York is one of the largest remaining wilderness areas in the world and the place has a certain charm to it, especially if you're fond of rugged adventures. Many companies such as this one offer Adventure safaris and bike tours across the area. Book yourself through one of these and take yourself on a rough and tough adventure!
- To finish off your thirst for adventure, we would suggest one ultimate adventure, swimming with Whale Sharks in Ningaloo Reef, where hundreds of these sharks converge each year from April to July. Many agencies offer you a chance to snorkel with the whale sharks in their natural habitat!
Well, that's that!
Of course, adventure is not limited to these places and you can go wherever your adventurous heart takes you. Australia offers some really amazing places and these are our favorite picks until we explore a little more!
Would you like to any other to the list? To check out our previous list, visit here.
Note: All images sourced from the internet. No copyright infringement intended.