The Osprey Farpoint 40 Backpack is a full featured travel backpack designed for off road adventures, backpacking and trekking. The 40L capacity is perfect for weekends or long weekends away or an overnight trek. The convenient wide access U-shaped panel opening makes packing a breeze, there is also a 15-inch laptop sleeve and a tablet sleeve offering you the versatility to take the Farpoint 40 on work trips. Available in 2 sizes to suit different heights, the Farpoint 40 offers a premium harness system that transfers the load from your shoulder to the hip strap for comfortable carrying over long periods of carrying time.
- Ideal for overnight or short treks up to long weekends away
- Includes a 15-inch laptop sleeve and a tablet sleeve
- Available in 2 sizes to suit different heights
- Wide U-shaped panel access to the main compartment
- 9-18kg load range
- Lifetime warranty including airline damage
- Capacity & Weight:
- Small/Medium: 38L, 1.41kg
- Medium/Large: 40L, 1.44kg
- Size Guide:
- Small/Medium: to fit torso 70-135cm and hip belt 70 – 135cm
- Medium/Large: to fit torso 45-56cm and hip belt 75-140cm
- Handle: Foam padded top and side grab handles
- Material: Main Section is 210D Nylon Mini Hex Diamond Ripstop, Accents and base 600D Packcloth
- Locks: The main compartment is lockable – lock to be purchased separately
- 3.5mm LightWire™ peripheral frame suspension effectively transfers the load from harness to hip belt.
- Smooth mesh covered Atilon foam provides a comfortable, breathable contact surface with a load supporting core
- Adjustable sternum strap with rescue whistle
- There is a zipped panel cover for the harness so you can secure the straps away when checking the bag in to protect from damage. The cover rolls away into the special cavity to keep it out of the way.
- Packing Structure:
- A lockable zippered front panel provides wide U-shaped access to the main compartment. Internal organisation consists of dual compression straps to hold clothes securely and two internal mesh zippered pockets and one internal fabric zippered pocket.
- The main compartment includes a 15-inch padded laptop sleeve and a tablet sleeve
- Heat embossed scratch free zippered stash pocket on top to protect belongings such as sunglasses and your phone
- Straight jacket style compression straps which fit the pack to your belongings keep them snug and secure
We recommend this bag for:
- The Osprey Farpoint 40 is a terrific bag for those who go on frequent short trips for a variety of reasons, this bag will see you through a 3 day work/adventure conference in NZ one week, a sports day at the office the next week and a 3 day trek in Tasmania the next week.