The Osprey Ozone Convertible 22 (50 litres) Wheeled Backpack is the lightest of Osprey’s convertible duffel/backpacks on wheels, whilst still being loaded with practical packing features. This pack holds a total of 50L with a generous main packing compartment – the removable day pack gives this case versatility for different trips, and the superior comfort backpack allows you to go where the wheels won’t let you. The main pack has an adjustable harness, a waist strap and a sternum strap for comfort. The wheels are designed for rough surfaces thanks to the high clearance chassis and quality wheel fittings.
- Cabin size with the day pack removed
- Lightweight – this is the lightest of Oprey’s convertible packs
- Highroad chassis – quality smooth running wheels with high clearance that are terrific for managing rougher surfaces
- Wide U-shaped access to the main packing area
- Lifetime warranty including airline damage
- Capacity: 50L (includes removable day pack which has an 18L capacity)
- Weight: 2.87 kgs
- Handle: Lightweight aluminium single bar handle
- Wheels: A ground breaking original design by Osprey Packs, The HighRoad LT™ Chassis uses lightweight aluminium tubing for the frame and base of the Ozone Series. Large wheels with sealed bearings and a high clearance, curved, moulded base allow the wheels to roll over rough terrain. Combined with the comfortable single bar handle, this is one of the lightest weight wheeled luggage chassis on the market.
- Material: Main Section is 210D Nylon Shadow Box, Accents are 210D x 630D Nylon Dobby & base is 420HD Nylon Packcloth
- Locks: The main compartment is lockable – lock to be purchased separately
- Packing Structure (main pack):
- The main packing compartment has a wide U-shaped opening and a stiffened zipper path so the bag holds its shape while you’re packing. There are 2 compression straps to assist your packing.
- Within the main compartment are two full length side zipped compartments (one mesh, one solid) and a mesh pocket on the back of the front flap.
- There is a top pocket that is designed for toiletries or liquids – this pocket collapses down so when it’s not in use it doesn’t consume space from the main compartment. This pocket is designed to fit a 1L toiletry bag or Osprey’s Airporter travel duffle and cover.
- The rear compartment that houses the pack and the waist strap can be used for additional storage if the harness is removed on trips where you don’t need to carry it.
- Packing Structure (removable day pack):
- The day pack unzips from the front of the main pack and can be used for day trips or short overnight stays as needed.
- Daypack is 45 x 28 x 19 cm, 0.58kg, 18L
- The main compartment has a padded sleeve for a laptop and a tablet plus general storage space for clothes or snacks.
- The front pocket has organisational pockets including a mesh compartments and a secure zipped compartment.
- There are two stretch side pockets for water bottles, sunscreen, snacks or anything you need fast access to.
- There is a small heat embossed pocket on the top of the case for valuables such as your sunglasses and phone, this pocket will help prevent your items getting scratched.
- The ventilated daypack back-panel and harness are built to be comfortable in a variety of climates all around the world. The die cut foam harness allows for a natural stretch, a comfortable fit and airflow for breathability in hot climates.
- There is a top and side handle and a moulded handle on the base for easy lifting.
- External dual upper side compression straps
- There is an ID pocket in the rear zipped compartment
We recommend this bag for:
- This Ozone Convertible 50L pack is such a terrific choice for regular travellers who need versatility from their bag. The 50L capacity suits shorter trips (up to 14 days) depending on how light you can travel – and the main bag can be used as a cabin bag if the backpack is removed and carried as your personal bag. The ability to pick the whole thing up and carry it on your bag is ideal for both off road adventures or catching the metro in peak hour crowds.